Job Title: Foundation Manager
- Position Type: 25 hours/week
- Department/Group: Fund Development; Reports to Board of Directors
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Location: 12220 Fillmore St #267, West Olive, MI
- Travel Required: Intermittent local travel
- Level/Salary Range: Based on experience.
- Skills Required: Microsoft Office, Email, Internet, Donor software
- Skills Preferred: Social Media, QuickBooks
Date posted: May 21, 2018
E-mail your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Foundation Manager
The Foundation Manager is responsible for executing the day-to-day operations of all fund development activities for the foundation office. This position works in close collaboration with the Board, Parks Department staff, and volunteers. Duties include database management, event management, donor reports and communication, and project-based work. Office-based, part-time professional position, averaging 25 hours per week with occasional night/weekend hours.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain organizational data in the donor database with consistency and attention to detail for all donor and gift entries. Manage all database operations including: data entry, gift recording and acknowledgments, gift reporting, and regular data hygiene.
- Prepare donor queries, written acknowledgement letters, and other donor literature.
- Manage and execute annual fund development plan
- Manage all fundraising and campaign events including sponsorships, print materials, committee recruitment, and logistics.
- Coordinate and assist in the development and execution of donor communication pieces.
- Assist with web content management.
- Develop reports for the Board and other leadership.
- Organize and manage volunteer committees including campaign leadership committee.
- Coordinate campaign process including solicitation and print materials, prospect lists, and donation documentation.
- Minimum 1-3 years prior exposure to fund-raising processes and database management
- Professional presentation, with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and an energetic and engaging personality
- Excellent organizational skills, with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Social Media, and database management
- Demonstrated ability to handle donor interest and personal information with tact and sensitivity, in a confidential manner
- Ability to work collaboratively with a strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to set and meet realistic goals, establish work priorities, organize people and materials to reach goals, handle pressure well, and evaluate and report results
Ability to multi-task while handling work expectations including telephone, basic office machines, reading, writing, typing, computer/data entry, and some travel
Download the job description: Job Description – Foundation Manager